This ‘All Dressed Up, Sweet Potato Bowl’ makes an excellent lunch or dinner.
A simple recipe with simple ingredients that I’ll bet you can find in your kitchen this evening. Sweet potatoes, black beans, and cherry tomatoes are the core ingredients. The sprout toppings are optional, as is the cilantro. But the star of the dish is hands down, the dressing! Cashews, tahini and lemon juice is all you need.
Ready to get started?
- FOR THE BOWL
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful of sprouts, your choice
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- S&P to taste
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- FOR THE DRESSING
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked for 1 hour
- 1.5 Tbsp tahini
- ½ - 1 cup water
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spread chopped sweet potato on baking sheet, drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with s&p.
- Bake until soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Next, in an oven safe bowl, mix black beans, chili powder, hot sauce and salsa. Place in oven and cook until warm.
- Meanwhile, strain and rinse cashews and place in blender to make the dressing.
- Add ½ cup water to the blender along with lemon juice, salt and pepper and tahini. Add more water as you go, testing for desired consistency.
- Blend until smooth. Dressing should be a pourable consistency, not too liquidy and not too thick. (If too thick, add more water. If too thin, add more cashews).
- In a bowl, layer sweet potato, black beans, and chopped tomatoes. Pour dressing over bowl. Sprinkle chopped cilantro and top with sprouts.
- Plant good health, one bite at a time! Enjoy 🙂
**For the dressing: store extra in fridge for up to 3-5 days.